Tumeric: How To Make An Immununity Boosting Tea!
Tumeric has been used for ages in many societies as a “magic tea”. This root resembles ginger and is often found near it in the produce section of your local grocery store. You can buy it in the form of a powder or as a fresh root. I prefer it as a fresh root that I just peel and slice to make into a tea. I can say that after making a few healing elixirs including this root, I was pleased with the results. I seemed to have more energy after drinking it and a better disposition. As an Educator working with students, I must keep my immunity high, so I look for natural ways to maintain a healthy immune system to fight off those nasty cold and flu bugs. Look below to learn more about this amazing root!
My Favorite Tumeric Tea Recipe:
2 inches sliced turmeric root
2 inches sliced ginger root
4 cups water
1.5 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp honey (to taste)
Sprinkle Cinnamon (to taste)
- Slice thinly two inches of fresh turmeric and ginger.
- Add turmeric to 3-4 cups of water.
- Bring to boil.
- Simmer for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Cover and set turmeric tea aside over night, optimally. (Or use.)
- Strain out the root and reserve the liquid. (Use the root in another batch of tea.)
- Reheat the mixture when you are ready for turmeric tea.
- Dilute the turmeric tea infusion to taste. Sweeten with honey, Spice it up with cinnamon.
Home Brew Tea Must Haves!
TEA Forte KATI Ceramic Cup With Tea Infuser
Apace Loose Leaf Tea Infuser (Set of 2) Tea Scoop Drip Tray - Ultra Fine Stainless Steel Strainer & Steeper a Superior Brewing Experience … (Medium, Silver